Developing self-awareness will help you to recognize the difference in others. Understanding the motives and reasons behind different perspectives will also improve your ability to communicate more effectively and to identify the strengths of other people.
“The best leaders act as multipliers that bring out the best in others. Doing so requires the ability to appreciate diverse perspectives and personalities while communicating in a way that both respects and is tailored to these differences.” – Core Strengths
As a leader, coaching your team into performance and equipping them with knowledge, awareness, and insights to achieve mutually desired results, is not only key but is also your leadership responsibility.
Consider the financial impact on your business
According to a CCP report in 2008, they found that employees spend 2.8 hours per week dealing with conflict, equating to approximately $359 billion in paid hours.
- Have you ever considered how much money you could SAVE as an organization, if you could reduce the amount of time dealing with interpersonal conflicts?
- Have you thought about the IMPACT of the remote and hybrid working models are having on working relationships, leadership, and employees?
- How does the “Great Resignations” affect your organization financially and its future growth strategy?
Raising the level of awareness is the first step to solving any problem in life and business. The next step is to figure out what to do next and how to solve the problem.
The development of Relationship Intelligence (RQ) of leaders gives them all the necessary insights and tools to effectively handle these questions:
- Why is this happening? (awareness)
- What needs to change? (knowledge)
- How do we change it? (strategy)